Happy St. Patrick’s Day from my family to yours! While I’m not Irish, not even close, I love any excuse to break out my party box. For anyone who loves to entertain, you know what I’m talking about. The box that houses all those little things that make parties fun- from cupcake toppers to beads to flower lei’s, I’ve got something for every occasion. I’m in full planning mode, deciding if I should wear my green beads or go crazy with beads and a green hat. Oh the decisions! What about you? Still haven’t planned your St. Patrick’s Day meal? Don’t worry you still have time. Maybe you’re only worried about the green beer. No worries, I’ve got that too.
Luck of the (vegan) Irish Recipes and Treats from around the web…..
- Shamrock Shortbread Cookies from Namely Marley look like little powdered balls of goodness.
- Meet the Shannons’ Apple Churro’s, a traditional Spanish-style fried dough, looks like heaven. Fried. Dough. Vegan!!
- This Leprechaun Shake from An Opera Singer in the Kitchen is definitely not your ordinary Shamrock Shake.
- Manifest Vegan has Irish-ish Soda Bread that looks Irish-y and delicious to me!
- Hey, maybe you like those Shamrock Shakes. Happy. Healthy. Life’s Dairy-free Shamrock Shake copycat’s the original with coconut milk cream.
- You can’t get any more St. Patrick’s Day fare than potatoes. The Happy Go Lucky Vegan’s Colcannon Pancakes fit the bill nicely, thank you.
- Vegan Yum Yum’s Colcannon calls for kale, making it extra awesome by default.
- These Green Goddess Mufffins from Happy Herbivore would be a delightful addition to any belly!
- Looking for a traditional vegan version of Corned Beef and Cabbage? Look no further, here’s Fat Free Vegan Kitchen’s Vegan Corned Beef and Cabbage!
- What’s Dublin Coddle with Vegan Sausages? Fat Free Vegan Kitchen tells you what, then how.
- Ecoki’s Vegan Irish Stew and Vegan Irish Soda Bread recipes help you plan a savory meal.
- Vegan Stuffed Cabbage from Vegan She Knows reminds me of my childhood.
- Vegan Miss has her Irish Festivities recipes at the ready for Stew, Brown Bread, and Stout Cake.
- Vegan Green Monster Muffins from The Chic Life are another lovely green muffin for scrumptious scarfing.
Geting your (vegan) drink (drunk) on.
A quick note about becoming a vegan imbiber. Go, have fun. Meet up with friends, dance with strangers, have a good time. When you are ready to leave, please don’t drink and drive. Plan ahead, get a designated driver, call a cab, call a friend, call your mom. Just don’t do it. All it takes is one time, one mistake, to change lives. It’s not worth it.
Please, drink responsibly.
- Barnivore, of course, is the go-to guide for vegan drinking.
- The Healthy Voyager has Healthy Boozing Tips and the perfect companion, St. Patrick’s Day Hangover Fighting Foods.
- VegNews has this handy Vegan Beer Guide to help you choose responsibly.
- Want to make your own Vegan Bailey’s for your Irish Coffee? Got you covered!