Juice. It’s delicious, refreshing, and chock full of nutrients. It’s also the star of our latest giveaway, a signed copy of the book Garlic Onion Beet Spinach Mango Carrot Grapefruit Juice. The winner was chosen by a random drawing (including the extra entries for submitting a photo).
The winner is PoopieBitch! Congratulations!
You can also purchase the book on the ThoraThinks website. The shipping is free! Whoo Hoo!
Didn’t win? No worries! You still get to enjoy all of the great juice recipe entries (after the jump)! Juice for Everyone! That’s something to get pumped, TOTALLY pumped about!
Carrot Spinach Ginger Juice
Submitted by PoopieBitch
- Four (4) carrots
- A handful of spinach
- Thumb-sized chuck of ginger
Makes a delicious juice!
Simple Strawberry Smoothie
– Submitted by Jason
- 1 Cup or so Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Cup Soymilk
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
Blend til as thick as you want. If not, add more OJ or Soymilk
Spinach Mango Banana Juice
– Submitted by Rebecca H.
- 2 c freshly washed, packed organic spinach
- 1/2 c cold water
Blend until liquid and frothy.
- 1 large organic mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 large frozen banana (peel and freeze the banana for 2-4 hours prior to bending).
Blend all on HIGH, pour into a tall glass, stick in a straw, sit in the sun and enjoy!
Grapefruit Mango Smoothie
– Submitted by Rachael
- 1 mango, sliced and frozen
- 1 grapefruit, cut into segments
- Grapefruit juice, ranging from 1/2 grapefruit to a whole depending on how thick you would like it to be
Blend everything together in a blender. Add more juice if necessary to reach desired consistency.
Mango Carrot Banana Basil Smoothie
– Submitted by Two Vegan Cooks
- 1 Mango peeled and sliced from core
- 2 Medium sized Carrots
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 4-6 leaves of Basil
- 1 1/2 Cups Soy Milk (or alternative milk)
- 1 Stevia (optional)
- 3-4 Ice cubes
Blend until smooth. MMM Refreshing!
Carrot Cucumber Spinach Smoothie
– Submitted by Colin Kalmbacher
- 3/4 cup carrot juice
- 3/4 cup cucumber juice
- 3/4 cup spinach juice
- 1/2 cup Silk Vanilla
- Ice to fill up blender
– Submitted by Megan Guernsey
- 2 and a half cups tomato juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons onion
- 2 teaspoons cilantro
- 1 half teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon spinach
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Carrot Mango Spinach Smoothie
– Submitted by Rina
- 1 banana
- As many handfuls of spinach as you can handle
- 1/4 can of coconut milk
- As many frozen mangos as you can handle
- 3 baby carrots
- A dash or two of cinnamon
- Water to taste (depends on the consistency you like)
Blend in a blender!
– Submitted by Rina
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 bushel of kale
- 1 apple
- 1 2/3 cucumber
- 1-3 cups homemade lemonade
Mango Carrot Cooler
– Submitted by Richa
Boil chopped mango and carrots with water to cover them till both are well cooked.
Cool and blend with ice, a few mint leaves, cumin powder, lemon juice, salt and sugar to taste. Serve chilled!
The cooler is usually made with raw mango and is called Mango Panna!