Vegan St. Patrick’s Day Guide
By KD Angle-Traegner | Updated March 6, 2018
St. Patrick’s Day — named after Saint Patrick — is celebrated on March 17th. The saint’s religious feast day and the anniversary of his death in the fifth century have been observed on this day by the Irish as a religious holiday for over 1,000 years.
Traditionally, Irish families would attend church in the morning and celebrate by dancing, drinking, and feasting on bacon and cabbage for the remainder of the day.
Although not a legal holiday anywhere in the United States, celebrations including prominent displays of the color green, feasting, copious consumption of alcoholic beverages and cocktails, and parades are had throughout the country.
Luckily for us vegans, creating a fun-filled vegan version of the holiday has never been easier. Need help planning the perfect menu? Would you like some vegan cocktails? Perhaps a kickass vegan Irish t-shirt to wear?
I’ve got you covered.
Full Disclosure: Some of the products or services listed in this guide contain affiliate links. This means I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Don’t worry, this is at no extra cost to you. The commissions earned through affiliate links pay for things like domain names and hosting fees, and they allow me to keep creating quality vegan content like this guide.
Here is the full affiliate disclaimer. Thank you for the support. Together we’re creating a vegan world.
Vegan St. Patrick’s Day Shopping Guide
Are you looking for something to help spread the vegan message while looking cool on St. Patrick’s Day? These’ll help.
The saying Kiss Me I’m Irish is synonymous with St. Patrick’s Day.
It’s a reference to the Blarney Stone. Kissing the Blarney Stone brings you good luck. If for some reason you are unable to kiss the stone, the next best chance of getting good luck is to kiss an Irish person.
I’ve decided to give the traditional saying a brand new vegan spin. Now you’ll get even more luck in this oh-so-fun Kiss Me I’m Irish & Vegan T-Shirt!
Note: Not interested in a white t-shirt? No problem! This shirt comes in 30 different colors. Shop now.
Natural DIY Green Food Coloring
Because everything is green.
Vegan St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
Have you been searching for tasty recipes to serve on St. Patrick’s Day? Here are a few vegan recipes that are easy to prepare.
Breakfasts, Shakes & Smoothies
- Corned Jackfruit | Fried Dandelions
- Corned Seitan and Cabbage | Robin Robertson
- Vegan Corned Beef and Cabbage | FatFree Vegan Kitchen
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls | Minimalist Vegan
- Stew, Brown Bread, and Stout Cake | Vegan Miss
- Dublin Coddle with Vegan Irish Sausage | FatFree Vegan Kitchen
- Tempeh Reuben | Karl Cooks
- Quinoa & Mushroom Gravy Shepard’s Pie | Vegan Sparkles
- Irish-ish Soda Bread | Manifest Vegan
- Irish White Bean & Cabbage Stew | FatFree Vegan Kitchen
- Shepherd’s Pie with Cauliflower-Millet Crust | Dianne’s Vegan Kitchen
- Shepherd’s Pie Baked Potatoes | Dianne’s Vegan Kitchen
- Roasted Cabbage with Lemon | Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Pesto Potato Chickpea Salad | Keepin’ it Kind
- Fluffy Mashed Potatoes | Isa Chandra
- Colcannon Puffs | Fat Free Kitchen
- Roasted Broccoli + Creamy Basil Dressing | Vegan Richa
- Irish Corned Cabbage | Zsu Denver
- Crispy Cabbage | Cadry’s Kitchen
- Philadelphia Irish Potatoes | Plant Power Couple
- No-Bake St. Patrick’s Day Cheesecake | Unconventional Baker
- Green Matcha Cupcakes | PeaSoup
- Vegan Lucky Charms Cereal | Fork & Beans
- Key Lime Icebox Pie | Vegan Test Kitchen
- Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie | Unconventional Baker
- St. Patty’s Mint Patties | Bittersweet Blog
- Irish Whiskey Cake | It’s a Greyt Vegan Life
- Mint Chocolate Fudge Pie | Chocolate Covered Katie
- Baileys Ice Cream | Wallflower Kitchen
Beer & Cocktails
Does your favorite beer or liquor contain more than just alcohol?
Do fish bladders sound like something you would like to have in your wine or beer? How about gelatin, seashells, or egg whites? Brewmasters, winemakers, and distillers may include animal ingredients in their products directly, or they might use them in the processing or filtration.
Make sure your beer, wine, or liquor is free from animal ingredients by checking Barnivore — an extensive database of vegan spirits — or choose from the following easy-to-find brands perfect for St. Patrick’s Day.
St. Patrick’s Day Vegan Beers
- Barney Flat’s Oatmeal Stout
- Harvest Moon Paddy’s Irish Stout
- Harvest Moon An Irish
- George Killian’s Irish Red
- Guinness (Yes, it’s vegan now!)
- Michelob Irish
- Rogue Irish Lager
- Samuel Smith’s Imperial Stout
Find more options by visiting Vegan Beer on Barnivore.
- Black Velvet Whiskey
- Jim Beam Whiskey
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
Find more brands by visiting Vegan-Friendly Whiskey Brands on Barnivore.
Vegan St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails
- Cashew Coconut Irish Cream | Healthy Slow Cooking
- Irish Whiskey Ice Cream Beer Float | Vegan Yack Attack
- Irish Coffee with Coconut Whipped Cream | Kitchen Treaty
- Irish Buck Cocktail | PopSugar
- Irish Hot Whiskey | Irish American Mom
- Wicked Little Leprechaun | Genius Kitchen
- Aquafaba Whiskey Sour | The Black Label
A plea to all vegan imbibers: Go, have fun. Meet up with friends. Dance with people and have a good time. When you are ready to leave, don’t drink and drive. Plan ahead. Get a designated driver, call a cab, get an uber, call a friend, or call your mom. All it takes is one accident to change lives. It’s not worth it. Drink Responsibly.
Truth in Advertising
I am committed to providing accurate information to the vegan community. Meticulously researched, the topic explored in this article contains knowledge available at the time of publishing. Reviews and updates happen when new material becomes available.
Please contact me if you find incorrect data.