Sanctuary Wishlist Guide
By KD Angle-Traegner / Last Update: April 2019
Animal sanctuaries and wildlife rehabilitators need support in order to keep helping animals. These groups often have extremely limited funds. Donating everyday items can help, especially for smaller organizations.
The people who run these groups do fantastic work. Let’s all come together to help them continue doing what they do best: Helping and caring for animals.
Sanctuary Wishlist Items
Before you go shopping, keep in mind a few things. First, not all organizations need the same things. This sanctuary wishlist is for informational purposes only.
Next, contact the sanctuary to determine their specific needs before purchasing items for donation. They’ll be happy to let you know which supplies are urgently needed, and where you can donate.
- Home Improvement Stores
- Office Supply Stores
- Animal Feed Stores
- Veterinary Clinics
- Car/Tractor Repair Shops and/or Mechanics
Equipment & Barn Supplies
- Nylon or Cotton Lead Ropes
- Paint Brushes
- Paint Rollers and Roller Pans
- Manure Shovels
- First Class and/or Postcard Stamps
- Pens and Pencils
- Copy Paper
- Printer Cartridges and/or Toner
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Trash Bags
- General (Green) Cleaning Supplies: All-Purpose Cleaner, Laundry Soap & Fabric Softener, Dish Soap, Dishwasher Detergent, Window Cleaner, Etc.
- Old Towels, Sheets Blankets
- Small/Large Animal Carriers
- Small/Large Animal Beds
- Metal Water & Food Bowls
- Animal Feed/Food
- Cedar for Small Animal Cages
- Old Phone Books (for Bird Sanctuaries)
- Bird Cages
- Toys (Cat, Dog, Bird, Primate)
- Web Design/Graphic Design