Your Daily Vegan is committed to providing accurate information to the vegan community. The information and statistics presented in this article have been thoroughly researched and are based on information that was available at the time of publication. Each article is periodically reviewed for accuracy and updated if necessary. The date of the last update may be found at the end of the article.
Please email us if you find out-of-date or incorrect information.
1. ^ Wikipedia. “Amino Acids.” Retrieved May 18, 2014
2. ^ Frazier, Matt. No Meat Athlete. “Vegetarian Protein Foods.” Retrieved May 20, 2014
3. ^ Nestle, Marion. Food Politics. “Deconstructing the USDA’s New Food Plate.” Retrieved May 24, 2014
4. ^ Mangels R, Messina V, Messina M (2011). The Dietitian’s Guide to Vegetarian Diets: Issues and Applications 3rd ed. Sudbury, Maine: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
5. USDA. “USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference.” Retrieved June 17, 2014
6. Anya Todd RD, LD. Nutritional Information. June, 2014
Beans | CIAT – Center International Center for Tropical Agriculture