By KD Angle-Traegner, Founder & Editor
If you aren’t familiar with Miyoko’s Artisan Nut Cheeses, you are missing out. Miyoko’s cheeses are hand-crafted in small batches. Made from organic cashews, this cheese is free of cholesterol, lactose, eggs, gluten and soy. It’s also a non-GMO product. I like that. One thing to note, this cheese didn’t melt onto the potatoes. It did crisp on the edges and get all warm and yummy on the inside, but even under the heat of a broiler it did not melt. Don’t worry, that doesn’t affect the taste at all.
If you don’t have Miyoko’s cheeses where you live (sorry), don’t fret. You can top these potatoes with another vegan cheese of your choice, or leave it off altogether. Easy peasy.
Double Cream Vegan Cheese Smashed Potatoes
- 1 lb baby yellow potatoes or potato of your choice
- 1 – 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Miyoko’s Double Cream Chive Cheese
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat oven to 425 degrees
Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of water. Cook until fork tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and let cool until potatoes are cool enough to handle.
- Arrange potatoes on baking sheet, leaving room between them. Using a potato masher or the heel of your hand, gently smash each potato until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Lightly brush each potato with melted coconut oil.
- Top each potato with a crumble of Miyoko cheese.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Roast until golden crisp, about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Before serving, top with chives and fresh parsley.
I also added a swirl of Sriracha because it’s just so (pretty) tasty. Enjoy!
And, because everyone loves a close up- look at this beauty. Crackly crispiness on the outside, creamy goodness on the inside, and topped with cheesy, salty, and spicy. What could be better?