via Vegans in Vegas:
VegNews Magazine, the nation’s premier vegetarian lifestyle publication, has become the platinum naming sponsor for the inaugural “Vegans in Vegas” conference taking place this May 19-22, 2011 in Las Vegas Nev. The first event designed for vegan and veg-interested men, the trip will feature presentations from experts in the fields of health, nutrition, fitness, environmentalism, and activism, as well as outstanding vegan dining opportunities, and the world-famous Las Vegas nightlife and entertainment. Thanks to the generous support of sponsors including VegNews Magazine, the presentations are free for participants.
Men from all backgrounds and dietary persuasions are encouraged to attend provided they pledge to “go veg” and eat a 100 percent vegan diet during the trip. While the event will focus on issues faced by men in hopes of dispelling the myths and stereotypes that prevent more men from adopting a plant based diet, women are welcome to attend and participate.
“VegNews Magazine is proud to sponsor this first-of-a-kind event. Celebrating veganism in Vegas… what could be better?” said Joseph Connelly, founder and publisher of VegNews. Connelly is among seven speakers who have been announced to date:
• Nathan Runkle, Executive Director of Mercy for Animals (www.mercyforanimals.com)
• Jack Norris, R.D., President and Co-Founder of Vegan Outreach (www.veganoutreach.com)
• Dr. Richard Oppenlander, Author of “Comfortably Unaware: Global Depletion and Food Choice Responsibility” (www.comfortablyunaware.com)
• Joseph Connelly, Publisher of VegNews Magazine (www.vegnewsmagazine.com)
• Jim Morris, Former Mr. USA and Mr. American, Certified Personal Fitness Trainer (www.gymmorris.com)
• Dan Mims, Founder of The Ethical Man Vegan Apparel Shop (www.theethicalman.com)
• Donnie Smith, Advisor for the Food Empowerment Project (www.foodispower.org)
All presentations are free – although registration is required as seating is limited – and the majority of sessions will take place at Bally’s Hotel and Casino where a group lodging discount is available. Full speaker bios, schedule information, and lodging details are available at www.vegansinvegas.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/vegansinvegas.